In the middle of the 19th century, the Aromanian serdar (minister) Athanasie Casotta is mentioned as the landlord of the domain in the area that will borrow his name, Casota village. His sons, Alexandru and Procopie are mentioned as heirs around 1870s.
The construction of the manor starts probably around 1872, but the building is finalized in 1888, the year inscribed on several constructive elements.Procopie Casotta, as a philanthropist, donates his estate in 1910 to the Civil Hospital Department, demanding that a hospital and school should be built with money resulted from the use of the domain. During the interwar period, the domain belongs to the Ministry of Education and Culture and the building of the former manor is used as a dormitory for the pupils of Inferior School of Crafts “Procopie Casotta”, while the hospital building hosts the school itself and the workshops.
The donation to a public institution saves the estate from being nationalized, keeping its use as a school even after 1948. In 2006 the residence is sold to a private owner and currently the manor is undergoing a difficult restoration process.